Silver Parachute

I missed my brother dearly. We did everything together back home. On Saturday mornings, we would head out into the forest and slaughter the animals. It was so much fun. Darius (that’s my brother’s name) specializes in making new weapons. They’re quite effective, if you ask me. He’ll just sit down in our basement for hours and craft these pieces of art. Our mother thinks that he’s sewing material down there…she is such an idiot. She has no clue how hostile we really are. Anyway, I asked Darius to make me the ultimate weapon so I could end these games fast. I was eager to see what kind of contraption he would send me.

At that moment, a shiny and glowing object fell slowly to the ground and hit the surface as lightly as could be.

I rushed over to it like a cheetah about to pounce on a newly-found meal. After unwrapping the parachute, I teared open the box without any hesitation. What stood before my eyes was truly amazing. Darius had done it again. I gazed at the tiny, metal object that laid in my palm. It was about the size of a ripe apple, but it was far more powerful than one. This object was indeed a bomb, a bomb that could wipe out everything within a mile of it. All I had to do was chuck this thing as far as I could, run the opposite direction, and wait for the screams to come. I looked at the ground to find a note Darius had attached to the package. It stated:

Dear Blake,

I hope you like it. This can definitely help you out in the Games, and there’s plenty more where that came from. Can’t wait to see you when you get back. Good luck, brother.

Darius

P.S. Make them suffer

‘Don’t worry’ I thought to myself, ‘…that won’t be a problem.’

One thought on “Silver Parachute

1. I really like how you managed to incorporate figurative language into this post, despite that it was a shorter one. I only wish you had talked about the silver parachute with the camera in it, but talking about a bomb your brother sent is interesting too.